Storms Damage Scenarios
Major storms can be furious and frightening, and you need to focus on safety. If your region has seen major problems, play it safe. If you the risk of flooding or structural damage, don’t go inside. Find another place to stay until you’re sure.
After the danger has passed, repairing and restoring your property should be your top priority. Below, learn about how different kinds of storms can cause damage.
How much you get from insurance depends on policy specifics, the severity of harm to your property, the previous condition of the property and more.
Most storm damage is covered, but filing quickly is vital. If you wait, you could lose money now and pay more later.
Storm Damage Scenarios
- Winter Storm Damage: Heavy snow can collapse roofs, lead to broken trees and electricity poles, and much more.
- Hail Storm Damage: Major hail storms can damage siding and shingles, causing hidden leaks and compounding damage.
- Damage from Flooding: Floods can seep into foundations, ruin framing and finish work, lead to mold proliferation and cause other problems.
- Wind Damage: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, destroy glass, wreak havoc on trees and power grids and cause additional damage.
- Tropical Storm and Tornado Damage: Circular winds can wreak havoc on your home or business, including catastrophic damage to roofs, windows, siding and landscaping.
Find a Trusted Damage and Remediation Professional
It’s an absolute must to repair any damage quickly, but the risk of danger is high. Before you try making repairs yourself, work with your insurance company. Get in touch with us for more information.