Call Paul Davis: Combating Black Mold
Every homeowner dreads black mold, but do you know what it is? Also called Stachybotrys, black mold likes to grow in moist areas and is often seen in areas where condensation has collected or pools or standing water inside. These spores enter the house by doors, other openings and can also be tracked on shoes and coats. Although most molds around your house are harmless, black mold leads to health issues if neglected.
What are the Health Risks?
The spores black mold releases are the major cause behind black mold poisoning. The most common symptoms include chronic sneezing, eye, nose and throat irritation as well as skin rashes. Additionally, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning. Nausea, vomiting and bleeding in the lungs and nose occur in the most severe cases of long term exposure.
Mold doesn’t take long to permeate walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home suffers water damage, you should have a Paul Davis technician check the walls for mold infestations. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then spring up essentially overnight.
Once mold forms colonies in your living space, it quickly breeds and discharges toxins that make life miserable for inhabitants:
- Mold emanates a pungent, musty scent that stops rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold causes serious problems for allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can activate long-lasting inflammation and constant cold-like symptoms.
- People with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
- The more extended the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally damp homes and offices can be subject to mold invasions even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion immediately.
If you want to eradicate mold, the atmosphere where it flourishes must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any remaining moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to curtail the tide. Moisture can drench hidden sections of your home. Without proper cleanup methods, mold will keep returning to these spots.
If you are worried that your house may be growing black mold, speak with Paul Davis today. We safely inspect and confirm the presence of black mold before starting treatment. Depend on our contractors to remove black mold quickly. Don’t risk your health, call for a black mold inspection today.