Damage Storms Can Cause
Mother Nature is impossible to predict, and some storms can cause major damage to your home or business. Our damage repair service can repair your home or business, getting it back to pre-loss condition in a jiffy. Our local experts know our weather and its hazards and how to get everything back to normal.
Once the disaster has passed, it’s necessary to check out the impact and plan for remediation. Below, read more about the damage different storm systems can cause and how to keep your property, and yourself, safe in different circumstances.
Storm Damage Insurance
Coverage varies based on your area, your policy, the amount of damage and more.
Most storms are considered acts of God, which means that your insurer can’t single you out. But not filing claims early can cause problems, and neighborhood rates go up anyway following major weather events. Always file claims immediately so you don’t end up paying more in future premiums without receiving benefits now.
Storm Damage Scenarios
- Water Damage: Floods can get into your building’s foundation, ruin drywall, carpet and framing, lead to mold growth and cause other problems.
- Tornado and Tropical Storm Damage: Circular wind storms can cause serious damage to all parts of your property, such as catastrophic damage to landscaping, siding and windows.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, lead to broken windows, wreak havoc on trees and electricity hookups and more.
- Hail Aftermath: Severe hail can cause shingle and siding damage, leading to long-term leaks and compounding structural damage.
- Winter Storms: Blizzards can cause roofs to fail, lead to broken trees and electricity poles, and cause other harm.
Hire an Experienced Contractor
It’s necessary to repair any damage as quickly as possible, but the risk of danger is high. Before you start making repairs, work with your home insurer and hire a fully licensed and bonded contractor with full credentials. Contact us for more information.