Damage Storms Can Cause
Severe storms can be furious and frightening, and safety has to be your first priority. If your area has seen a lot of damage, play it safe. If you suspect structural damage or more flooding, don’t go inside. Spending a few nights elsewhere is a small thing compared to your health.
Get through the storm, and then examine the aftermath. Read the information below for more.
Storm Damage Insurance
The amount you get from insurance depends on premiums and deductibles, the severity of harm to your property, the previous condition of the property and more.
The more quickly you file a claim, the easier getting payouts will be. You could get short shrift if you don’t act quickly.
Dangerous storm damage, lead to mold problems and cause other problems.
- Winter Storm Damage: This can cause collapsed roofs, lead to broken trees and electricity poles, and cause other harm.
- Hail Aftermath: Major hail storms can bend and crack shingles and siding, leading to long-term leaks and compounding damage.
- Damage from Flooding: Water from floods can seep into foundations, ruin drywall, carpet and framing, lead to mold problems and cause other problems.
- Wind-related Property Damage: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, destroy glass, destroy trees and landscaping and electricity hookups and cause additional damage.
- Tornado and Hurricane Damage: Circular wind storms can cause serious damage to all parts of your property, including catastrophic damage to siding, roofs, landscaping and more.
Find a Trusted Contractor
It’s an absolute must to repair the damage right away, but doing so can be dangerous. Before you start making repairs, get your insurer and a contractor on board. Contact us for more information.