Call Paul Davis: Protect Your Family from Black Mold

No homeowner wants black mold, but do you know why? Also called Stachybotrys, black mold grows in wet spots and is most commonly seen in areas where condensation has collected or pools or standing water inside. These spores come into your home via windows, other openings or tracked on shoes and clothing. While most molds in your home aren’t dangerous, this species leads to health problems after long term exposure.

What are the Health Risks?

The spores black mold releases are the main culprit behind black mold poisoning. The most common symptoms include chronic sneezing, eye, nose and throat irritation and rashes. Additionally, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning. Especially severe cases of long-term contact to black mold are more dangerous. Often compounded by an allergy to the black mold spores, these symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose.

About Mold

Mold quickly spread across walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home suffers water damage, you should have a Paul Davis technician check the walls for mold infestations. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then spring up virtually overnight.

Once mold creates colonies in your living space, it immediately breeds and releases toxins that make life unpleasant for residents:

  • Mold emits a pungent, musty odor that stops rooms from smelling clean.
  • Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
  • A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and trouble breathing.
  • Mold toxins can activate long-lasting inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
  • Individuals with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
  • In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
  • The more extended the exposure, the greater the danger.

Unusually damp homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold invasions even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion right away.

To get rid of mold, the atmosphere where it prospers must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold removal and remediation start.

Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can soak out-of-sight portions of your home. Without proper cleanup processes, mold will keep returning to these spots.

Contact Paul Davis now if your home is infested with black mold. We safely test and confirm the presence of black mold before starting treatment. Depend on our specialists to remove black mold effectively. Don’t risk your health, get an inspection for black mold now.

Related Mold Remediation Services: