Call Paul Davis: Do You Know Black Mold?
Every homeowner fears black mold, but what is it? Also called Stachybotrys, black mold likes to grow in damp areas and is most commonly found around condensation or near untreated puddles inside. Spores come into your house by windows, small entrances or tracked on personal items and clothing. While most molds around your house aren’t dangerous, this variety leads to illness with long term exposure.
Black Mold Poisoning
The spores black mold produces are the main culprit behind black mold poisoning. Typically symptoms include chronic sneezing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat and rashes. Other symptoms include chronic fatigue and persistent headaches. Especially serious cases of long-term exposure to black mold can be more life threatening. Paired with an allergic reaction to the black mold spores, these symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never postpone calling a professional to inspect for mold growth. They can go unseen for weeks, and then appear practically overnight.
Once mold forms colonies in your living space, it quickly grows and discharges toxins that make life unpleasant for occcupants:
- Mold emits a pungent, musty odor that prevents rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, making symptoms flare up.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can trigger chronic inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
- Individuals with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the greater the danger.
Unusually humid homes and offices can be subject to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion immediately.
If you want to eradicate mold, the environment where it flourishes must first be removed. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any residual moisture must be carefully dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can saturate out-of-sight areas of your home. Without proper cleanup methods, mold will keep returning to these spots.
Contact Paul Davis now if your home contains black mold. We safely inspect and confirm the presence of black mold before starting treatment. Depend on our specialists to eliminate black mold quickly. Don’t risk your health, request a black mold inspection now.