Call Paul Davis: Combating Black Mold
No homeowner wants black mold, but what is it? Also called Stachybotrys, black mold likes to grow in wet spots and is often seen around condensation or pools or stagnant water inside. Spores come into your house through windows, small openings or tracked on shoes and clothing. Although most molds around your house aren’t dangerous, black mold leads to health issues if left untreated.
Signs of Black Mold Exposure
The spores black mold produces are the main culprit behind black mold poisoning. Typically symptoms include chronic coughing, eye, nose and throat irritation and rashes. Other symptoms include chronic fatigue and persistent headaches. Particularly severe occurances of long-term contact to black mold can be more dangerous. Often compounded by allergic reaction to the black mold spores, these symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose.
More about Mold
Mold quickly spread across walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home suffers water damage, you should have a Paul Davis technician check the walls for mold infestations. They can go ignored for weeks, and then appear virtually overnight.
Once mold creates colonies in your living space, it immediately breeds and discharges toxins that make life miserable for residents:
- Mold emanates a strong, musty smell that stops rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold causes problems for allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and trouble breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause long-lasting inflammation and constant cold-like symptoms.
- People with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological problems or even death.
- The more extended the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Unusually damp homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion immediately.
To get rid of mold, the atmosphere where it thrives must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can soak hidden sections of your home. Without proper cleanup processes, mold will keep returning to these areas.
If you are worried that your house may contain black mold, reach out to Paul Davis today. Our team inspects for presence of black mold before remediation. Depend on our specialists to eliminate black mold quickly. Keep your family safe, request a black mold inspection today.