Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold is pretty much everywhere and, whether you can see it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is a part of nature, but the species of mold that is found in your house or property is the real issue. Mold spores move through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a building on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be virtually impossible for you to stop mold infiltrating your property. It’s only when there is mold growing in your house that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to speak with who will tell you the species of mold present is invaluable. Add to that an expert that can orchestrate the best way to treat it and perform the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection of your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of knowledge in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be a long process. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best to work with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. We provide mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold inspections. Mold can cause damage to your property and major health concerns to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can adversely affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it’s found in, meaning that the longer it goes without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your property and effectively deal with treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic substances.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in any given property, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can assist in getting your house healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which grows both outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It thrives in damp, porous locations like wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor variety trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less rampant household mold is fortunate, as it is among the more insidious. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It is a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color but deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in homes after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It carries a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey over time. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in both warm and cold environments and moves rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in cold weather, this mold is pink or coral colored and is commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It thrives in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds that contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Talk to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing required to eradicate damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.