Water Damage Can Happen Anywhere, Anytime
You’ve got a lot on your plate. Worrying about water damage probably isn’t a priority. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to find unforeseen water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. If this happens to you, it’s important to call the experts as soon as possible. Your local Paul Davis experts will be able to evaluate and repair any water damage they find in your house. But there are things you can do around the house to avoid costly water damage repairs. It’s important to be aware of how to look for water damage in your house, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
How Water Damage Happens
Chances are, there‘s an appliance or two in your house that you rely on. Unfortunately, a malfunctioning appliance can cause unforeseen issues. Any appliance, whether it’s a washing machine, dishwasher, faucets or toilet, most of these appliances can cause significant issues by leaking. The experts from Paul Davis can patch up any leaks and repair water damage that occurs in your house. Paul Davis can fix water damage from:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
The most efficient way to avoid water damage is to take action. Productive prevention is key to avoiding expensive repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims. To prevent water damage, try the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house undergone water damages, don’t hesitate. The longer you wait, the more extensive repairs you’ll need. For high-quality water damage repair services, contact Paul Davis today at (863) 644-7373. When your local Paul Davis technicians arrive, you can rest easy with the knowledge that you‘re in capable hands. No matter how serious the damages, Paul Davis can handle it.