Ways to Repair Smoke Damage
Fire can cause serious damage to a home. However, there are many elements of fire, including soot and smoke, that are just as destructive. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while your walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Experiencing a fire can have extreme and disastrous both to your home and your family.
When your cherished keepsakes are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why as experts in smoke and soot damage, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your building.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Your building can receive serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, turn off your AC.
- To fan out smokey air, move large fans towards open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Fire Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of soot repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our smoke repair services. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the fire remediation services and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at (863) 644-7373. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.